This recipe is seriously easier than you would think and definitely doable to have dinner ready for 6:00 when you get home at 5:00! It is loosely based on a Kraft recipe I saw years ago and can no longer find the link to online!
You will need:
4 Chicken Breasts
Salt & Pepper
75 g of Goat Cheese (room temp)
1 jar of Roasted Red Peppers (sliced into strips)
Kraft Italian Dressing
1 container of Cherry Tomatoes
Optional: 1/4 lb thinly sliced Prosciutto
1) Preheat the Oven to 400 degrees F
2) Mix the goat cheese & sliced roasted red peppers in a bowl
3) Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and keep aside.
4) Lightly season the chicken breasts with some salt & pepper. Then slice the breast through the middle but do not go all the way through. You simply want to make a pocket
5) Stuff those chicken breasts with your goat cheese/red pepper mix
6) Lightly coat them with the Kraft Italian Dressing
7) Stick them in a pan with the cherry tomatoes surrounding them and bake for 30 mins. I am always paranoid about chicken and usually cut through the breast at this point to make sure they are cooked!
After lightly coating the breast in Kraft dressing, wrap each one in prosciutto and bake the same. Your family will think you’re a professional chef!
In the summer we barbecue these and they are extra delicious (as only a barbecue can make food)
*We must have been starving when I started doing the prep for the post – I don’t have any pictures of the finished product!
Enjoy with a glass of your favourite wine! (Pinot noir for me)