Since I work this weekend and because our local studio has cancelled their Sunday class (small town woes) I won’t be able to make it to any classes.
This just means that I will be stuck on my own at home with Eoin Finn’s Blissology Podcasts. These were my first ever podcast downloads and I LOVE THEM. Quality yoga instruction with Eoin’s voice in your ears – seriously, can’t get much better than that when you’re stuck at home or traveling!
You can find Eoin’s website here: http://www.blissology.com/
Direct link to the podcasts portion of the site: http://www.blissology.com/online-studio/podcasts/
Also, I learned at the SeaWheeze 2014 Half Maration Eoin = Ian. Not the way I’ve been pronouncing it in my head.
Wow… it’s been awhile! I think I just saw some tumble weeds…. Hoping to get back into the swing of things… I have some amazing “foodie” posts I need to get to!
Anyways, work has been absolutely crazy. Anytime I take a week vacation I come back to a month of really busy days. That being said we were able to getaway again for the weekend and enjoy Spring about 3 hours south of here. A few little things and one big thing has happened in the past couple weeks.
1. Spring is here… kind of. I can see my grass AND I even have a couple of tulips starting to sprout.
2. My camera had to go back to B&H for a little road trip due to the biggest debacle with a “return” I have ever encountered in my life. I have never experienced anything quite like it (Maybe once my camera is safely back in my hands I’ll write about that experience)
3. I signed my daughter up for daycare and now have to un-sign her up as I am having anxiety even thinking about it. I cherish my two days off with her a week and am not quite ready to give those up
4. Flights are booked to Italy for the fall! Now to start with the details…
5. Here’s the biggie: The darn cat has diabetes. FML. And I am pretty sure this cat is going to outlive us all. The vet happily informed us that besides the diabetes the cat was completely healthy! Even she seemed to be surprised at that fact given that he is pushing 15 years old. As soon as I heard the words (I kind of figured before we brought him in) this clip from 30 Rock came to mind. So at the very least, if you haven’t enjoyed my ramblings, have a laugh at this!
I think this may be the first of several travel bucket lists I have. The problem with the internet is that it opens you up to new places and new dreams that you never even knew existed!! My list is pretty tame. I am not someone who craves adventure. Instead I love ocean views, hilly countrysides and most of my destinations have a pretty decent wine list. So (currently) here is my top ten:
1) Sicily – I have twice attempted to visit Sicily – both times were thwarted by my Calabrian family and the incredible prepared meals for us.
2) Santorini – When we were in Greece we ended up visiting right in the middle of the riots – as such – all ferries were on strike.
4) Nicoya, Costa Rica
5) France – all of it, except Paris.
7) Sardinia, Italy
8) New Zealand
Like I said pretty tame!! And most could probably be hammered out by any dedicated backpacker in 5 weeks. However, I am a slow traveler. I like to spend at least 2 weeks in any one country. I hate being on the rush, on the go. I do enough of that here at home.
I also have the “problem” of simply returning to where I’ve been. Italy especially. Part of my heart will always live there and I am constantly drawn to it. Now that I’m a mom I also like being familiar with a place before bringing my daughter there. It’s a sense of security I never needed before her.
So what tops your travel bucket list???
Once I heard about Bumblejax and their acrylic mounting I knew I had to try it. The reviews online were spectacular but the only way to know is to try yourself. So I swallowed any and all hesitation I had about the two prints I wanted to have developed and pulled out my credit card.
Ordering was amazingly easy and in less than two weeks I had my “masterpieces”
Words cannot describe how impressed I am with the quality of these prints!!! I-Phone pictures also cannot adequately show the quality.
I did 1/4 acrylic mounting with the metallic paper & finished edges.
I have the Scripp’s Pier picture in my office right now which does not do it justice since I do not have any natural light to shine on it. Its mesmerizing seeing how the light plays with the picture and changes the focus.
I wish I had taken photos at home of just the Pier image to post online but always being rushed means I didn’t even think of it until it was already on the wall (by the way – mounting is super easy, especially when your husband does it). The one of my daughter is at home and it’s amazing to see the sun in the light and how it changes with how the light in our house changes.
I would use Bumblejax again in a heartbeat and recommend it to any level of photographer. It IS worth the price and the shipping is completely reasonable. I can’t wait to put in my next order of some black & whites from Italy a few years back. I will be sure to post an image of those as well.
The sun is shining – which means the snow is melting – which means this day is starting off just right! Plus it’s my day off, which is an added bonus after a crazy few days at work. Although, I will still be going in later to meet a potential new associate (it never ends!). Our dog is just as excited as we are for winter to end!
I am loving my Mark III.. like LOVING. I am so happy I went with this body.
Happy Thursday to everyone – I hope the sun is shining for you!